How to get traffic to your website with these 11 tips
Websites don’t just go live and start attracting visitors, and traffic doesn’t just happen. You must use strategies to attract visitors to your site and increase page views.
Boost organic search rankings.
Utilize search engine marketing.
Regularly publish content.
Repurpose and republish content on other sites.
Guest post on other sites.
Engage in digital PR.
Send regular emails.
Create a social media editorial calendar.
Pay for social promotions.
Reach out to social influencers.
Repeat your successes.
You must be proactive in increasing page views and attracting visitors. The remainder of this article will provide tips on how to increase traffic to your website.
1. Boost organic search rankings
Boosting organic search rankings is one of the most effective ways to increase traffic to your website. More people will find you if you appear at the top of search engine result pages (SERPs), resulting in more traffic to your website. To rank at the top of the SERPs, you’ll need a solid search engine optimization (SEO) strategy that works to improve your rankings over time. This strategy must include the following elements:
- Keyword research: Determine the keywords that your target audience uses to find products, services, and information about your company. Customers will find you more easily if you conduct keyword research to identify and target those terms and phrases.
- On-site content optimization: Once you’ve determined which keywords will attract your target audience, optimize your site’s pages to include those keywords. When you use one targeted keyword per page, you increase your chances of ranking for the term or phrase you’ve chosen.
- Content: Search engines use fresh content as a significant ranking factor in their algorithms, so create an editorial calendar and publish content about your industry and offerings on a regular basis.
- Link building: Develop a strategy that encourages high-quality sites to link back to yours, as search engines reward websites with a large number of links pointing to them. Reaching out to other online properties is often a part of figuring out how to get traffic to your website.
- Technical SEO: Site speed, sitemaps, responsive design, and structured data are just a few of the many technical upgrades that can help your site rank higher.
- Local SEO: Businesses in the searcher’s area are frequently given higher rankings by search engines. So, to improve your SERP ranking, invest in local SEO and register with local business directories to make it easier for local customers to find your website.
2. Utilize search engine marketing
While organic SEO is an effective way to drive traffic to your website, developing a strategy takes time and resources. To fully establish powerful organic SEO traffic drivers, it could take weeks, months, or even years.
In the meantime, you can use pay-per-click (PPC) advertising to drive traffic to your site through search.
Read also: How to Get Started on Mi Chat
PPC advertising is a type of search engine marketing in which you pay for placement on search engine results pages (SERPs). You target specific keywords, and you pay each time a user clicks on your ad. This strategy is an excellent way to increase traffic while improving your organic SEO.
3. Regularly publish content
As previously stated, search engines prefer to see new content on a website. Regularly updating your website can help you improve your search engine rankings. But that’s only one way that content can help you increase website traffic. Blogging and producing content on your site on a regular basis also drives traffic because:
- It gives readers a reason to visit your site: There’s no reason for visitors to return to your site if there’s never anything new to see. The addition of new content encourages visitors to return.
- It gives readers a reason to stay on your site longer: If there is more content to read when visitors arrive at your site, they will visit more pages.
- It provides the content to share on social media: When you have a lot of content on your website, it’s more likely that your readers will share it, bringing in new visitors.
- It gives other sites something to link to: Backlinks to your site are crucial for SEO. Because other websites can link back to your pages as resources and sources, having valuable content on your site helps you get links.
Use a content management system (CMS) like WordPress to make content creation easier. This platform makes adding content and incorporating tools like the Yoast SEO Plugin, which aids in keyword research and on-site content optimization, simple. When it comes to determining how to get traffic to your website, the WordPress-Yoast combination can be a game-changer.
4. Repurpose and republish content on other sites
As you learn how to get traffic to your website, on-site content can help you. However, in order to drive traffic to your website, your content does not always have to be present. You can repurpose content and publish it on other sites to leave breadcrumbs that direct visitors back to your site. To put this plan into action, follow these steps:
- Follow republishing best practices: It’s important to remember that publishing duplicate content on multiple web pages or websites is against the rules. So make sure you understand and follow these guidelines (or risk getting a search penalty).
- Turn content into something new: Transform blog content into a new medium that can be used on other popular content websites. You can, for example, turn a blog into a video and upload it to YouTube, or create a slideshow and upload it to Slideshare.
- Always link back to your website or the original piece of content: The goal is to generate new content that will drive traffic to your website, and the best way to do so is to include a link and a call-to-action that directs the reader to your website for more information.
Always consider what value you can provide to your readers as you create these breadcrumbs. When they arrive at your website, they’ll be enticed to read more.
5. Guest post on other sites
The process of writing a post that will be published on another website’s blog is known as guest posting. While this may appear to be an odd strategy (why give valuable content to another site? ), it can be a very effective way to drive traffic back to your own site.
Because not all guest posting yields the same results, keep these best practices in mind as you consider how to increase traffic to your website:
- Look for blogs that share your audience: The purpose of guest posting is to reach out to your target audience. As a result, don’t put your content on sites that your ideal customers would never visit. Concentrate solely on writing for websites that cater to the audience you want to reach.
- Link back to your site in the guest post if possible: Every guest post will have its own set of rules and guidelines. Look for sites that have rules that allow you to include links to your own website, as links are what help readers find your site.
- Write a strong author bio: Whether you can include links in the content or not, your author bio should always serve as a secondary source of the traffic to your website. Create an author bio that tells the reader who you are while also providing an incentive and call to action for them to visit your website.
You connect with a new and engaged audience when you publish content on a blog with a large readership. You introduce yourself, your ideas, and your website to these readers, which frequently leads to increased traffic to your website.
6. Engage in digital PR
Submitting Content to other websites is an effective way to increase traffic to your own. However, you do not always have to create content in order for your site to be mentioned on another website. You can also participate in digital public relations.
Reaching out to news or industry blogs and encouraging them to cover a story about your company is known as digital PR. Reach out to relevant publications whenever your company does something interesting or engaging — such as publishing a valuable study, releasing a unique product or service, hosting an event, etc. — to see if they want to write about you.
7. Send regular emails
Another skill you’ll need as you learn how to get traffic to your website is list building. This entails enlisting the help of marketing and incentive strategies to entice people to subscribe to your email list. Keep the following in mind when using email marketing to drive traffic to your website:
- Use professional email marketing software: You can’t effectively manage an email list with a standard email account. Use professional software, such as GoDaddy Email Marketing, to send emails to hundreds of people at once while adhering to CAN-SPAM regulations.
- Send emails each time you publish a new post: Notify people who are interested in your brand when you add new content to your website. To promote and drive traffic to each of your new posts, send an email to your list.
- Create a topical email series: Use your email list to drive traffic to older articles as well. Set up an email series that focuses on a specific topic and directs traffic to related old blog posts.
- Always be listing building: When you send out an email, the larger your list, the more traffic you will drive to your site. As a result, you should always engage in strategies that will help you expand your mailing list. This strategy is important for increasing traffic because it allows you to email links to newly published content to your contacts, which drives traffic to your site.
8. Create a social media editorial calendar
You can also use social media marketing to encourage interested audiences to visit your website by promoting your new content. To get the most attention for posts promoting your site’s content, follow these steps:
- Create custom graphics for each social site: Each social media platform has its own set of image dimensions that work best on its platforms. Make an image for each of the sites where you’ll be sharing your article, so you have one that’s the right size for each platform.
- Push content when it’s new: Make it a habit to write social posts for all of your new content in advance. Schedule a series of posts across all of your social profiles to promote your new content.
- Then, keep promoting even when your content is old: While it’s important to promote new content when it’s first released, you should also make use of older content. Continue to share social posts that direct people to older content that is still valuable, relevant, and useful.
Your fans and friends are interested in seeing your brand’s updates and new content, so they follow it. So, by promoting new content through your social media profiles, you can give them what they want.
9. Pay for social promotions
One of the ways to drive traffic to your website is through organic social posts. However, it isn’t the only way to use social media to drive traffic.
You can also use paid advertisements to drive a lot of traffic to your website. If you’re not getting much traffic from social media, try running ads on platforms where your target audience spends the most time. Use strategic targeting tools to reach out to the people who are most likely to respond to and enjoy your messages.
10. Reach out to social influencers
There is one more social media strategy worth trying as you learn how to drive traffic to your website. It promotes your website by leveraging the power of top social media profiles.
People or accounts on social media with a large and loyal following are known as social influencers. As you implement this strategy, keep the following in mind:
- Reach out to influencers that share your same audience: You want to seed your content in places where you know your target audience will see it, just like with guest posting.
- Be personal, not pushy: Social influencers are frequently approached with requests to share content. You can’t be pushy or impersonal in order for your message to stand out. Instead, cultivate organic and reciprocal relationships with influencers (share their content, like their content, etc.) to increase the likelihood that they will share yours.
- Give influencers a real reason to share: Don’t just contact influencers and ask them to share your content. Give them a genuine reason to participate. Your content or promotion will be more likely to be shared if it is interesting, useful, or unique.
Getting one of these influencers to mention or share your content can result in a significant increase in traffic.
11. Repeat your successes
You get more than just the benefit of driving visitors to your website once you learn how to get traffic to your website. You’ll also learn how to keep repeating your successes. When your traffic starts to increase, look at your analytics to see which strategies worked and how you can replicate your success and keep driving more traffic to your site.
However, the only way to use data is to gather it in the first place. Install Google Analytics to see the following:
- The number of people who visit your site
- The number of pages viewed on your site
- The number of new visitors vs. old visitors
- The URLs sending traffic to your site
- The referral sources sending traffic to your site
- The exact pages people viewed when they visited your site
All of this data will assist you in determining the most effective strategies, platforms, and content for driving traffic to your website. This knowledge will assist you in replicating successful strategies and increasing the number of visitors to your website.
When you work on implementing a few or all of these strategies, you won’t be nervously hovering over your computer, waiting for the traffic to come in. You’ll be putting in place systems to increase your traffic, and then working to maintain that growth over time.