How To Post On Instagram – Instagram is a popular social media website for friends, family, and followers to share photos and videos. You may be new to Instagram since it is mostly used on mobile devices. To get you started, here’s how to post on Instagram.
This article’s directions are for posting from the mobile Instagram app on either an iPhone or an Android phone, and they presume you have already downloaded and activated the Instagram app.
How to Post on Instagram
One can post on Instagram at any time, but if you’re trying to establish a network with Instagram, certain times are easier than others to post.
You may also share pictures or videos not taken with the Instagram app.
- Open the Instagram app.
- Down the bottom middle of your phone, tap the + (Add) button.
- It brings up your Gallery. Scroll through the images and choose the one you want to share.
- You may also post several images at once, but this article focuses on single photos.
- Instead, tap Photo to open the Instagram camera and take a photo. Tap Next once you’ve picked the image you want to use.
- On the following screen, you can edit and add filters to the image. You have the following options:
- Lux: This is the sunny-looking icon at the top, middle of the screen. You can choose this option and then use the slider to lighten or darken shadows, highlights, and contrast.
- Filter: Slide through the individual filters to adjust the effects on the image. If you pick a filter and don’t like it, you can always return to the filter list’s beginning and tap Usual to delete any results.
- Edit: To access angle changes, brightness, contrast, structure, warmth, saturation, highlights, shadows, vignette, and other editing options, tap the Edit tab at the bottom of the page.
- When using the Lux and Edit options, you must tap Done once you’ve finished making your changes.
- After adjusting your picture to your liking, press Next.
- On the following screen, you can add a caption, tag people, add a venue, and pick any other social networks (such as Facebook, Twitter, or Tumblr) on which you want to share the image at the same time.
- To access options, tap Advanced Settings. Disable commenting, automatically share your posts to Facebook, create alt text for your images, and tag or allow business partners to promote. All of these options are entirely discretionary. When you’ve done changing these Advanced Settings, return to your post by pressing the left-facing arrow in the top left corner.
- When you’ve finished writing your article, hit the Share button.
- The page will close, and your Instagram home page opens to show you the progress of the upload, followed by the post once it has completed uploading.
Don’t be surprised if you post something and then change your mind about the settings, caption, or even the picture you posted. If you want to change something, you can permanently delete the message.
How to Post Videos to Instagram
Posting videos on Instagram functions similarly to posting images.
- To post a video, you either pick from the Gallery or click the Video tab at the bottom of the screen, open the video camera and record the video you want to use.
- There are also some variations in image editing. After you’ve chosen or captured the video you want to use, tap Next to start editing.
- You can add a filter to the video, much as you would to a still picture, but you also have the option to Trim it—use the sliders on either end of the video to shorten it. You may also use any frame from the video as the cover.
- If you don’t like the sound on your video, tap the sound Off icon in the top right corner of the page. Should you change your mind, tap it again to trigger it.
- When you’re done editing your video, tap Next to add text, tag people, and add a location to your message.
- After you write your message, tap Share to distribute it to your followers.
How to Delete Posts on Instagram
At the upper-right corner, tap the three dots in, then tap Delete to delete an Instagram tweet. Click Archive to archive your Instagram post instead if you only want to hide it from other users’ eyes.
When you remove an Instagram message, it disappears from public view, and you move it to your Recently Deleted folder, where it will remain for 30 days until it’s deleted permanently. You can restore deleted Instagram images during this period by going to Settings > Account > Recently Deleted.