How to Block and Unblock Someone on Facebook Using iPhone – Users sometimes experience a lot of downers. You can have someone randomly make rude comments or cuss you out because you express yourself online.
Today, almost all social networking sites encourage users to block individuals who are having a rough time. It is a positive thing because opting to block those users allows you to stop any more abuse or troll on the site.
Fortunately, an easy way to restrict and unblock other users is now available on Facebook. If someone is bothering you, harassing you, cyberbullying, being obnoxious, or being downright creepy. Here’s how you can block people to guarantee your peace of mind whenever you want to log in and chat with friends.
And we’re going to discuss, of course, how to unblock someone, too, just in case you change your mind.
How to Block and Unblock a Friend on Facebook Using iPhone
To Block a Facebook User
It’s a relatively easy and straightforward method to block and unblock your friends, followers, and other Facebook users.
- To know how to use the advantage of this function, follow the steps below:
- Open the Facebook app on your device (iOs devices)
- Go to the Facebook profile that you want to block. Press the triple-dot button located right next to the Messenger icon.
- You will now find the choice to block this individual. To proceed further, tap on ‘Bar.’
- With a quick explanation of what Facebook blocking does, you will get a prompt to validate your action. Tap “Block” for confirmation.
That’s it, they are blocked, and they’re not going to get you through.
To Unblock a Facebook User
Now that you know how to block others, it’s also helpful to learn how to unblock them.
- To unblock someone at any time, tap the icon in the bottom-right corner of your screen to go to the Facebook menu.
- “Now, extend the category “Settings & Privacy” and pick “Settings.”
- Scroll down in the settings menu and tap “Blocking” to search for the users you have previously blocked.
- You can view a list of the user you’ve blocked. Tap on the “Unblock” option located right next to their Facebook name to unblock anyone.
- You’ll still have to confirm your action. To complete the operation, select ‘Unblock.’
- There you go. You now know how to blacklist other users of Facebook and even control the blocked list.
When you block anyone on Facebook, unlike Instagram, you won’t be able to access their profile until you unblock them.
Also, you won’t be able to block them again for another 48 hours if you unblock them. Regardless, the individual will not receive a notification if you stop or block them.
That said, there’s a possibility that you’ll see details about the person you’ve blocked through your mutual friends.
Also, the conversations you’ve had over Facebook Messenger with the blocked user will remain in your inbox. If you share a group chat with a blocked person, the messages they send will be readable, too.
You would even want to blacklist them on your iPhone if you bothered to block anyone on Facebook, to block their messages and phone calls from coming to you.
And you may want to take advantage of the blocking functionality available on Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, Gmail, etc., in a similar way if you use other standard services and social networking sites to remain linked with your friends and family.
And if you’re sick of Facebook and ready to move on and do something entirely new, you can always uninstall your Facebook account and do it once and for all with the service.