How to Delete Your Amazon Account – The article below explains how to permanently delete an Amazon account. Consider your options carefully before proceeding; you’ll lose your purchase history, digital purchases, gift card balances, and other information if you do so.
How to Deactivate or Deactivate Your Amazon Account
Please make sure you don’t have any open orders before you begin, then follow the steps below:
- Go to your Amazon account and sign in.
- Customer Service is the option to choose.
- Select Managing Your Orders from the Browse Help Topics menu.
- In Managing Your Orders, select More.
- Select Close Your Account under Managing Your Account, next to Account Updates.
- Read the information about the consequences of closing your account in detail. Select Contact Us to continue.
- Select the close my account and delete my data from the drop-down menu under Request Your Data and Select an Issue. If you want to call a customer service agent to have your account deleted, Amazon will provide you with a toll-free number.
If you’d rather email us about closing your account, please specify that in the How would you like to contact us? Section. Email is the option to choose.
Enter your name in the email form to confirm that you want your account closed and your data deleted, and then press Submit Email. Amazon will respond with additional details within 12 hours.
Important Considerations When Closing an Amazon Account Before you close your Amazon account, there are a few things to consider. Your account will be completely locked, and you will no longer be able to use any of your Amazon services.
Know that you’ll lose access to your transaction history and won’t be able to print a receipt if you need evidence of purchase in the future. You’ll lose access to your Audible account if you use an Amazon password.
You won’t be allowed to return or request a refund, and any remaining balances on Amazon gift cards will be forfeited. You won’t be able to access your credit card information or address book, and any ratings, discussion threads, or images you’ve left in the Amazon community will vanish.
Amazon Digital Assets is a service offered by Amazon
If you’ve bought digital assets from Amazon, such as Kindle books, Amazon Music, or Amazon App Store content, you won’t be able to access them after you delete your account. You won’t be able to use Amazon Pay, and any data in your Amazon Drive or Amazon Images accounts will be deleted. Before you close your Amazon account, make sure you download and save any content you want to hold.
How to log in to Amazon Account
Make use of Log in with your Amazon account. Login with Amazon allows you to sign in and share details with participating third-party websites or applications using your Amazon user name and password.
To use Amazon Login, follow these steps:
- Go to a website or app that allows you to log in with your Amazon account.
- Select the Amazon Login option. A sign-in screen hosted by Amazon will appear.
Note: Sign-in screens with an Amazon web address will only appear on websites and applications registered with Login with Amazon. You’ll never be asked to give the third-party platform your Amazon password directly.
Put your user name and password in the boxes below.
You’ll see a screen asking for your permission to share such details from your personal profile the first time you sign in to a website or app. Pick Okay if you want to share this information with the website or app.
You’ll be asked to complete registration or guided back to the website or app as a registered user.