How to connect with LinkedIn and Facebook – Corporate owners can use social media to keep in contact with customers, partners, and sellers. By connecting your Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn accounts you can expand your business network and demonstrate your communication skills. Connecting these accounts can increase consumer loyalty if you provide special information or discounts to your customers and interact with them on a personal level.
How to connect with LinkedIn and Facebook
- Connect to your account on Facebook. The news feeds include favorites, groups, and Apps on the left side. Click ‘Apps’ to click ‘App Center.’ If you type it into the top search bar, you can find the LinkedIn app quicker. When the results appear, and the official LinkedIn app will appear on top, click on “Apps” under Search Filters.
- The first page of the LinkedIn application will be displayed after you click “Go to App” on the previous page. When you click “Connect With Facebook,” a LinkedIn window will pop up, requesting your LinkedIn email address and password in order to complete the connection. Prior to the application importing your LinkedIn information, you can modify your Facebook privacy settings in this window, limiting who can see your LinkedIn updates on Facebook and who can see your LinkedIn updates on LinkedIn. After you’ve made your selections, click “Log in with Facebook” to proceed. Your information will be imported into the app, and you will be asked if you want to connect with any of your Facebook friends who are also members of the LinkedIn professional network. You have the option to pick and choose or select “Skip This Step” if you so desire. It takes you through four more steps, each of which invites you to add email contacts, people you may know on LinkedIn or Facebook, and a page where you can manually enter contacts into your LinkedIn network.
- On the final stage of the import process, select one of the two LinkedIn buttons from the drop-down menu. You can choose between a “Free Basic Version of LinkedIn” and a paid account by clicking on the appropriate buttons. Once you make a decision, your Facebook and LinkedIn accounts will be linked together. Share LinkedIn updates on Facebook, and LinkedIn will occasionally post opportunities or recent connections you’ve made to your Facebook wall, so keep an eye out for those updates!
Linking Twitter to LinkedIn
- After logging into LinkedIn, select the “Profile” tab from the navigation bar. Next to your name, work experience, and education, you’ll find a link that allows you to link a Twitter account to your personal profile.
- When you click on “Add a Twitter Account,” a pop-up window with the Twitter logo will appear. To grant the app access to your Twitter account, enter your Twitter username and password, then press to confirm.
- Close the window, and your Twitter account will appear as a clickable link on your LinkedIn profile page, allowing anyone who visits it to see the latest tweets from your account. LinkedIn updates can also be broadcasted to your Twitter followers.
- When data is shared between websites, the issue of privacy is always a concern. Use a different, more complex password for each website you visit.
- It’s important to remember that what you tweet on one site can be read on another and that your LinkedIn information can be read on Facebook. If you’re linking all of your media together, make sure your correspondence is professional.