Advantages and Disadvantages of Facebook Dating – Facebook has its own set of advantages and drawbacks when it comes to finding dates. Although it is not a dating site, it is an excellent place to meet, socialize, and engage with people because it attracts many users from all over the world. So, do you think you’ll use Facebook to make plans for the future?
Advantages of Facebook Dating
What are the benefits of using Facebook to find future dates?
- With the sheer number of persons using Facebook, finding someone interesting can be straightforward. So if you are legal and are searching for someone special, you may want to consider using this social network to find your match.
- You can learn more about your person by simply visiting his or her personal profile and reading updates on his or her status. You can also get some valuable details by asking peers. Is it better than that?
- It can be quite a good idea to meet someone special by joining Facebook groups, don’t you think so?
- At least you can be sure that someone in your friends’ circle knows the person if you want to speak about someone in your friends’ networks.
Disadvantages of Facebook Dating
Given its apparent benefits, it’s a drawback for Facebook dating. Some of them are here:
- While you think it’s cool to look at your affection’s private life, well, think again. You might not know it, but you may not get too much information.
- You can’t hide your relationship status whether or not you like it if you are dating on Facebook – especially when one of you decides to switch your status from ‘single’ to ‘in a partnership.’ You will also create a record of your past relationships to don’t want to post anything you might be haunting in the future.
- While finding someone you want to know more closely can be easy with Facebook and Facebook dating, it can also lead to breakdowns and failed relationships. Imagine if anyone posts flirtable messages daily on your particular wall. Don’t you think it’d make you jealous? Well, some of you certainly do if you do not care about such things.
Things to Consider to Improve your Odds About Facebook Dating
If you want to use the intensity of this social networking platform to find the special one after understanding the benefits and the repercussions, here are some things you may want to consider to improve your odds:
- Put up a clean profile: You should aim to impress if you want a great Facebook dating experience. Your personal information, profile images, and comments should not postpone people. Be conscious of something on your wall. Know that you will see your future dates.
- Expand your network: Extend your network; the more friends you have, the more people you meet.
- Ask a friend to show someone to your eye: If you find someone interesting after visiting your friend’s wall, you can ask her or him for an introduction. Be concise and to the point.
- Give a request to a mate: You should try to submit a friend request after exchanging comments for a while. You can comment directly on his status updates and send IMs in this way. As you all know, this might be the beginning of something special.
- Get to let go: Learn to let go. If the object of your affection does not respond, you should accept defeat and go ahead.
For others, Facebook dating may be a wonderful thing, and for others, a bane. Would you like to try to see how it works for you? You determine. You decide.