How To Use Instagram On The InternetI -Instagramis one of the most widely used social media platforms. Its official iOS and Android smartphone apps allow users to take and upload images and videos and connect with all of their followers and people they follow. It’s designed to be used on a mobile device, but it can also be accessed and used via a web browser. So, if you want to check out Instagram from a laptop, desktop computer, or even your mobile device’s web browser, here’s how.
How to Use the Web Version of Instagram
Here’s a rundown of Instagram’s web interface and how you can use it.
- In any web browser, go to Instagram.com and log in or build a new account. After logging in, you’ll see your news feed tab, close to the mobile app’s style.
- You can connect with the posts in your news feed in much the same way as you can in the smartphone app when you scroll down through them. To like, leave a comment, or send a message to a friend, look for the heart, comment, or share buttons in any post. You can also save it to your bookmarked posts by clicking the bookmark button on the right. To insert the post into a web page, report it as inappropriate material, and more, select the three dots in the top-right corner.
- More icons can be found in the top-right corner of the screen. One resembles a miniature compass. Select it to see a stripped-down version of the Explore tab with recommended users to follow their most recent posts and thumbnails.
- When you press the heart icon at the top of the page, a small window appears with a list of all your recent experiences. To see them all, scroll down.
- To view your Instagram profile, click the user icon. When other users click or tap your name, they will be taken to this tab.
Adjust your personal information and other account details, including your password, approved applications, comments, email, and SMS settings, by clicking Edit Profile next to your username.
6. To see a full-size version of any picture on your profile, click on it. The interactions will appear to the post’s right rather than below it, as they would on an individual post page.
Every Instagram profile has its own unique URL. Go to https://instagram.com/username to see your own or someone else’s Instagram web profile. Replace “username” with your own.
Instagram Privacy Concerns
Anyone on the internet can see your images as long as your profile is public. Set your profile to private if you don’t want strangers to see your messages. Only users you authorize will be able to see you as long as they’re signed in to the accounts you’ve permitted to follow you.
Limitations With Instagram via the Web
Except for posting new content, you can do a lot with Instagram from a standard web browser. You can’t upload, edit, or share images or videos to your Instagram account from the web right now. You’ll need to download the Instagram app on a compatible mobile device to do so.
You still won’t be able to communicate with Facebook friends, see your liked posts, control your blocked accounts, clear your search history, or do a few other things that require the app. However, you can only disable your Instagram account temporarily through the site, not the app.
Despite some of these drawbacks, it’s still nice to know that you can effortlessly search your feed, discover new content, customize your user settings, and connect with other users just like you can on the app. It’s a helpful choice when small screens and touch keyboards become more of a nuisance than a benefit.